Saturday, November 06, 2021

Ennui

I am a bit lost; hard to believe being without the laptop has caused it, but it has -- sort of the structure to my day, turning it on after J! and catching up on things, doing some paperwork, etc.; now, of course, I am out...  today I slept in til after 9 -- slept through the alarm, I guess -- and I was completely out of sorts by this.  I had planned to do some things (including handling the laptop) and while I need the rest, I have felt out of sorts all day. Last nite I got some reading done and went through the boxes in the living room.  It was a real trip down memory lane; stuff of mine, stuff from my parents (why didn't I go through this with them?), and quite interesting...funny; not quite sure what to do with it, actually, and of course, then I got to wondering what will happen to my memory lane stuff when I go...

Now, of course, I should stop being lazy and put it back in the attic, albeit in a close place, so I can get it...I could even be less lazy and put up Xmas stuff this year; I certainly have enough of it, even if I am not exactly an Xmas kind of guy.  Prolly not, but with minimal food pantry duty this year...

https://theathletic.com/2936488/2021/11/05/inside-overtime-elite-the-start-up-thats-disrupting-the-basketball-world-its-even-more-than-i-thought-it-would-be/

I have been thinking of canceling the Athletic subscription (less baseball to follow) but this is...interesting?  Course, none of this would have been possible with the internet, for one, but I think some of the comments -- that younger people view sports and games differently than my generation does -- is spot on, and I wonder how that will affect the league -- if it carries on -- going forward.  I mean, having thinly watched TV games won't help, but if people watch all the ad-filled highlights, it might. Also amusing was that the notion that this was bad for the kids --- no education, no college, etc. -- was barely touched; it appears they are getting "school" (to quote Cardale Jones) and some of the practical modern athlete stuff was interesting...but even John Calipari only did some minimal shitting on them, which is... impressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home