Sunday, November 14, 2021

Tumult

 Long day today, sort of; after Mass I went to help out at the dinner served at the Polish American Cultural Center (I know, I know).  I guess I should have expected (knowing me) that my offer to stay for "a couple of hours" would mean "until closing" but there it was, and it is good to help out, especially for my Polish culture.  Anyways, there were a good hunk of leftovers, so I took some to my sister's, where we talked a bit and caught up.  Then it was off to Lowe's to buy the new screen/security door for Chateau Mattie; that didn't take too long, but the order got swallowed by the computer... oi.  Then home (no time for gym), where I had some leftovers for dinner (better hit the gym hard this week) and then to catch up on some of the stuff I had to do.  Got tired so laid in bed, and three hours later... I woke up.  Oi.  So here I am now, trying to finish up some of the other stuff I wanted to do (no budget report, no Netflix, laundry til tomorrow; oi!).  At least I got some needed rest.  

https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2021/11/cuyahoga-county-has-twice-as-many-judges-as-franklin-county-how-did-it-get-so-many.html

Well, first of all, these aren't so much Democrat-jobs-protection plans, as all of these people need clerks, bailiffs, and other staffers.  Secondly...as I often say, if only we had an actually Republican governor, as then he could go and start whacking some of these elected positions (like the legislature won't go along), as part of a general Republican thing about cutting government and all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home