Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Bemusement and then some

 Hit the gym today -- a solid arms workout -- and then weighed myself.  I have been eating leftovers (mashed potatoes are yummy, but filling) and to top it off have been snacking at night due to low blood sugar...so I was concerned.  But I came in at 192 -- still 12 too many -- but not catastrophically bad, and as long as I can stay active (I've been drinking more coffee, too), I think I can chip away.  Rah.

https://theovershoot.co/p/the-case-for-patience-on-inflation

I think this is largely true, to an extent; for one, we still need people to get back to work -- yes, more wages means more spending and inflation, but it will also minimize the supply chain issues that are exacerbating the problem.  Gas prices are an issue, and that's not going away, and with winter coming, that means heating bills. On the other hand, are people moderating their spending?  Hard to say.  Retail sales were up this week (for October), but I am curious as to Black Friday; will they spend as much as last year?  If people are concerned, they will cut back.  I don't spend that much, but have been watching and trying to minimize the damage.  Course, I also have a roof to pay off, and the sooner the better.

https://kaus.substack.com/p/how-to-bribe-trump-

I do love the circular firing squad around Kamala Harris, and who doesn't?  I don't know...for one, being the diversity hire means that you had to look past her other issues -- inexperience, lack of a (positive) record, her negatives (putting kids in prison, staff issues) -- and now it appears she is in over her head.  Yes, she is a Democrat, and they are always there, but...  Now, of course, if it is true that Team Joe wants a divorce (maybe, I have my doubts), this is wonderful for the GOP.  Except, as Kaus notes, there is the Trump problem.  To be sure, if Joe remains Joe, Trump can win in 2024.  But, Biden will have a GOP Congress to run against, and we all know what that entails. No one here seems to think they can prevent themselves from shooting themselves in the foot.  The bribe idea, though, is priceless; I don't think anyone in Trumpworld could keep that a secret, but...

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/17/college-democrats-of-america-dnc-522864

Snicker, snicker....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home