Thursday, November 18, 2021

Pre-gaming

 So, today there was a debate in Strongsville among the candidates running for the open GOP Senate seat, and off I went, because, well, one, it was down the road, and two, because I like politics...and this sort of stuff is interesting to me.  I will post the full details tomorrow -- I took copious notes, of course -- because I want to get some rest, but it was certainly entertaining and illuminating, if not informative.  I skipped dinner before and had a light lunch, so I was ravenous after...hadn't been to City Barbeque in a while so off I stopped.  It was good (no corn pudding!  the horror!) but I am not sure it was $17 good, and chicken and a side...that's sort of a lot, even with inflation.  I wonder when the consumer will feel the same way; not, of course, that you can tell that in the eatery-starved locale of Strongsville.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/11/17/republicans-are-becoming-more-diverse-thats-great-thing/?utm_campaign=wp_follow_henry_olsen&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl-henryolsen

I got a kick out of the comments; not that I expected anything less. More seriously, this is good, right?  I mean, most of the GOPers I know (and I keep meeting more) are more concerned with the politics than the demographics; hell, I think we are not stupid and would be more likely to vote for a GOPer who is not a stereotypical one just because of the electability.

https://deadspin.com/will-the-knuckleball-ever-make-a-comeback-1848079121

Interesting; I think the pitch can make one, but it's not like an MLB team will create; it'll have to be someone like Wakefield, who knew how to throw one coming in and had some experience; the development time will be less.  The other issue, of course, is that winning teams seldom have one; it's staffs like the Orioles who will use them (for want of other candidates), and that also limits development opportunities (teams will use the even more limited farm team space for actual prospects).  I don't blame them, but given the attrition rates of arms these days... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home