Thursday, December 02, 2021

Catastrophe in Columbus

 So, my college roommate had extra tickets for the Duke-OSU game Tuesday and offered the boys a chance at the seats.  I decided "Why Not?" and decided to join the fun; never had I seen a Duke game live and in the flesh (still need to hit Cameron Indoor, of course).  And...they lost.  I mean, it was fun, aside from that; always good to see a college game, had never been to the Schott, even surprised my sister and favorite niece (my sister's early Xmas gift) by showing up.  But...they lost.  To be sure, OSU outplayed them in the second half -- not stopping Zeb Key is a problem, taking poor shots is a problem, etc., but as always, it is tough to see a Duke team piss away games like that.  Oi.  

I also decided to drive home after the game; I could have crashed with David, but I was mopey and not good company, so off I went.  The "20% more caffeine" coffee I got on the mid-way point of the drive home certainly did the trick, as I didn't go to bed until 3 (I took Wednesday off, as I have 27 vacation days).  This was fine, but I was awoken by a robocall at 8:15, and I decided to be productive, and I was; hit the gym twice, went through some stuff, cleaned a bit, took care of some errands, had an MD visit.  But I crashed hard at 11, and no post yesterday.  Alas.  I was feeling it a bit today as well, but some coffee helped, as well the idea that I should again be productive.

One thing not productive is my cable hookup; it blew Monday night for reasons unknown and is still down.  I scheduled a tech visit (not that hard, actually) but then I realized I could watch TV on the laptop...so the regular J! viewing could resume.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/11/21/prohibitionists-good-guys-523052

Interesting, and I agree...not that this is surprising, given my teetotaling nature, of course.

Can we see the end of Roe v. Wade?  It certainly sort of looks like it, not that I will believe it until I see it.  I did get a kick out of Thomas asking where in the Constitution is the right to an abortion, followed by Kavanaugh's list of overturned precedents.  I can't imagine the Court will take such a step, though, even I think they should.  If they do...well, the political effects (not carnage), will be...impressive.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home