Monday, November 29, 2021

Wonders

 Is it me, or is there not only a lot of movement in the college football world, but a lot of guys leaving desirable jobs for greener pastures.  Lincoln Riley leaving Oklahoma for USC; ok, maybe he is afraid of the SEC, but I would think there is more talent in the pool at his current position...and, let's face it, an SEC team will be more likely to get a playoff bid than a PAC-12 one.  Similarly, Brian Kelly leaving ND for LSU; I don't know, maybe he thinks it will be easier to make the playoffs, but Coach O (and his fate) would be a cautionary tale.  I guess I don't see the new gigs as that much better as the old ones; or, at least, great reward but great risk.

It might also be me that tomorrow (ok, today) will be the last nice day of the year... I guess I don't like seeing snow, especially in November, to say nothing of the global warming...  Still, a high of 50 will melt everything, and then a few more days of relative calm (one hopes).

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/chris-cuomo-andrew-cuomo-cnn-1264204/

Ha! I mean, Rolling Stone is right; anyone else caught doing this would be fired immediately.  But, this is CNN, no one is watching, so no one really cares. On the other hand...why would CNN keep him around, on top of all of the other shit he's pulled?  His brother is gone, so even that connection is shot, and the "governor-as-hero" theme has been long given the Old Yeller treatment.  I find it hard to believe that, say, college football -- a business known for its ethics, I can assure you -- has a much better approach here, paying the guy and telling him to move on, but it sure seems to....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home