Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Despite the Fatness

 Today was...interesting.  Well, first let me preface this by noting that two nights ago I woke up with both low blood sugar AND an above-the-knee charley horse.  I managed to snack up and, I thought, contain the muscle spasm.  But... it still hurts, even now, I feel this knot there.  Even hitting the exercise bike at the gym is a little tender, and I have neglected leg day in consequence, despite the fatness, despite the need to read -- it just feels off.  Oi.  

Anyways, back to today.  Busy - catching up from yesterday's off day, other peoples' projects for which I bear responsibility and not reward, and, of course, an afternoon of low blood sugar.  Despite the fatness, I hit Handel's on the way home from the post office (stuff for downtown, sent registered, of course) for some Egg Nog (delicious!) ice cream, then back to work.  I got two calls late in the afternoon.  One was that the power bill at the food pantry has not been paid for a few months, so that has to be handled ASAP.  Fine; this has happened before, so we know the drill. The second was from the President of the SVDP, and it was an unofficial invitation to become East District President (basically, the person to whom all of the parishes with SVDP chapters reports to). (This was not a surprise to me, if you get my drift.)  Anyways... aside from the whole Mom spinning in the urn bit (thank God this didn't happen yesterday), there remains the answer of what to do. Not sure I am the best person for the role, but as I like to say, ministry is going where you are needed, not where you are wanted.  Nor is there a reason for me to not accept this; I guess I will mull it over a bit more over the holiday weekend (plenty of Mass time, you know) and figure it out then.

https://hazlitt.net/longreads/rothko-inauguration

Interesting, but this should have been three articles:  one about seeing Rothko (I don't think he is remotely all that, but who am I to judge), one about the art scandal from the past (who doesn't like to read about rich people being scammed), and the final one about Trump's inauguration (because who doesn't like reading about how the guy finds yet another way to scam people out of their money).  It certainly would have been shorter...

https://cdrsalamander.substack.com/p/diversity-thursday-b9f

It's like we don't have a GOP governor, or GOP House, or GOP Senate in Ohio to investigate and get rid of these sinecures.  Oh, wait, we do... sort of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home