Monday, December 27, 2021

Half-Progress

 So, today was a good day -- not as productive as I would have liked in some ways -- but much was done.  I did sleep in a bit, albeit only a little, and then it was off to the gym for a decent workout, albeit no cardio due to low blood sugar.  Alas.  Then I came home, caught up on a couple of things, and then off to the lumber yard to buy the plywood for the basement shelving.  It was... embarrassingly easy?  I walked in, explained what I need, and lo and behold (and for a moderate price, less than I thought), they sold me a 4*8 sheet of smooth plywood, and for a buck, they sliced it in half.  I pulled around, and the strapping young man put it in the tailgate.  Hell, I even took them out at the same time.  Anyways, I walked them downstairs and they fit perfectly in the shelving remnant.  

No, I didn't fill them, as I was off to a lunch with the Board President of SVDP... where we discussed the issue of the day.  I told him I would accept that morning, and I could read the joy in the email response...so there's that.  Basically, after the new year, I will be nominated to fill the role, and unless someone else runs or I am voted down... anyways, once I finish this, I will read the manual, the Rule, and some other stuff.  I do want to tour the empire, if you will, and meet as many people as I can -- get the lay of the land, see what they need, match the name to the face, etc.  We will see...

After a trip to the gym for leg night (solid, but no cardio again, oi) I then came home, polished off dinner, and then watched "Lady Bird," the 2017 release starring Saorise Ronan.  Basically it is "Girl comes of age while fighting with her mother."  I liked it, mostly, though the ending was...odd.  I guess I am not one for the classical comedy model...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kenbensinger/fbi-michigan-kidnap-whitmer

Is it me, or is the FBI in need of...work? This, the Larry Nassar thing, the HRC tapes; we could name a few others (such as the Project Veritas raids).  I realize it would take the Justice Department to do something about it and that means 2025, but if the GOP had any brains, they would start laying the foundation for this sort of thing now.

https://theothermccain.com/2021/12/22/joe-biden-blamer-in-chief/

Hahaha, but when has this not been true of any Democrat ever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home