Friday, December 24, 2021

Creation abounds

 A special Christmas Eve edition -- plans have been scrambled due to a family COVID test that turned out positive (albeit symptom free).  This is fine -- maybe a bit quieter, maybe some friend time, maybe just some reading and house cleaning tomorrow, or finding some films on the NFR.  In the meantime, today I hit the gym (leg day) which is good, given the general foodage expected over the next few days...no reason why I should not be able to go back to doubles soon.

Ok, one reason... I keep waking up with low blood sugar in the middle of the night.  In addition to the snacking (feeling the fatness), there is the lack of sleep -- I am convinced that I am in the best REM sleep ever when these things hit, and I feel it the next day.  I have been trying to pre-snack before I go to bed, with mixed results, obviously.

I baked peanut butter cookies today for the first time ever...my brother in law complained my sister didn't make any this year, and I was like "Gee, I can make these."  I thought Mom had a recipe for them, which I didn't find (she made once and found it too hard, so I figured I could handle it), so off I went to the parish cookbook, and there was indeed a recipe...and that wasn't too hard; I had most of the ingredients, and it was basically mix them together, form into balls, and bake...and they are good; nothing special, but certainly delicious enough.

Of course, rummaging through the recipes reminded me that I have always wanted to 1) make all of the stuff in the recipe pile I have accumulated over the years and 2) Make more of the dishes in the parish cookbook; most of the people who submitted stuff I know and make good stuff, so it shouldn't be that much of a deal to invest in some ingredients and cook some real food once in a while.  In theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home