Sunday, December 26, 2021

Sunday, Take Two

 So today I decided not to be a lazy fatass and actually did some work around the house; namely, I dusted and cleaned the bedroom.  The dust pile on the furniture in here was extensive, and the mess on my desk was growing more unmanageable, so I took a couple of hours and cleaned everything.  Went through drawers, sorted crap, threw out stuff... for instance, I always say I have no bookmarks, but I have about 20l I just had to pull them out.  I need to buy an album or two for photos, use up all the gift cards I found laying about, and figure out what to do with other stuff... but the place does look nicer, at least.  Tomorrow I am off and while I had planned to do so errands and take care of things, I might go and clean up some other corner...

Today I went through the older list of films on the NFR I hadn't seen and lo and behold, one was on Youtube; "Louisiana Story."  Now, one should not expect the next "Casablanca" here; it's a fictional story told in documentary style by Standard Oil about life on the bayou, surrounded by a nice, benevolent oil rig -- family benefits from the thing, boy and his pet raccoon stalk the local alligator, etc.  Again, the backstory is why the film is here, as all of the actors were locals and amateurs (which added to the local charm due to the semi-comprehensible patois). So that was pretty cool to see, as were the scenes of oil drilling in the 1940s.  More importantly, up to 781.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home