Saturday, January 01, 2022

Novus Annum

 First blog of the New Year...so let me start off by saying that the OSU win was impressive, considering that it looked like they had no business winning it in the first half.  To their credit, the defense did tighten in the second half -- stopping the run does that to a team, you know -- and it certainly didn't seem that Utah could stop the Buckeyes.  They left us just enough time on the clock, and aside from the clock mismanagement at the end (why give them another play, Ryan?), it was a big win.  And when UM lost badly...well, it meant something, I am sure.

Wedding yesterday and got home late; I ended up not getting to bed until 1, and then up early for Mass.  (I am the Mass Nazi, you know.)  I certainly felt it at the gym today (Mass was fast, and there was a sparge crowd) and most of the afternoon, when it felt like I needed a nap.  I probably should have taken one, but I had stuff to do, and I plowed through and did it.  I didn't do laundry (oops) so that will be tomorrow's task, but I was pleased at what I did accomplish.  Tomorrow might be nap, though I will try to prevent it.

The AOC twitter rant is pretty priceless; much like the reporter who inspired the phrase "Let's Go Brandon," one would think some things are better left unsaid or untouched.  That said, you would think that someone on the Left would call her out on this?  OK, I know that will never happen, but sometimes there needs to be an adult in the room about these things.  At least, there used to be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home