Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Late Night Links

 Wakey wakey here...oi.  Making sure the blood sugar is just high enough to go to bed.  Funny (not really); I had planned on a gym double, but I woke up at 3 am with low blood sugar, so I ended up sleeping through the alarm.  Alas, but, I am ill and did need the rest.  Now, of course, the blood sugar has been low at night, so I didn't hit the gym, so it became a rest-and-fatness day.  Oi.  That and drink 900 cups of caffeine... 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/feehery-what-house-republicans-should-promise-when-they-take-over/ar-AASqaUU

These are all pretty solid; I like the idea of the commission to understand the July riots, and certainly the one about putting the House back to regular order -- no more checkpoints and metal detectors.  It is the people's house, so let it be so...and if the Dems don't like it, they can... stay home.  Not sure about the not expelling Dem members from their committees...yes, I agree one should take the high ground, but blood is in the water, and I think some virgins will have to be thrown to the volcano.  The others -- going after Big Tech, teachers' unions, and wasted cash will all be grist for the GOP mill, especially with 2024 looming.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/01/04/a-radical-idea-for-the-post-roe-era-democracy-526437

I completely agree with, God forbid we let the people vote on things.  Quite frankly, most states have different laws regulating things, and if some states have abortion on demand and others do not...well, may the best state win.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/12/31/teachers-union-press-release-raises-todays-deep-question-is-our-educators-schoolin-n438588

This is a few days old, but it still amuses the shit out of me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home