Sunday, January 16, 2022

Snowmageddon

 So, just hitting here, blogging away, watching the snow fall.  It is the first snow -- big snow -- of the year -- and I have to admit, I am not sad to be working from home.  Couldn't imagine schlepping to the East Side in a blizzard, which it appears will happen all morning.  I heard the snow plow drive down the street a while ago; don't think the driveway has been plowed yet, which is good -- save dough and not paying anything.. for now.

Watched "Dream Horse" last night -- a UK based-on-a-true-story film about a woman who forms a syndicate to invest in horse racing (and fix her own issues), and of course the horse eventually wins... it was pretty good; I mean, I think we all know what it was, but (and accounting for my love of the track) it was...good.  Some friends of mine in harness racing referenced the film as a way to boost interest in the sport.  I sort of agree with, but then again, 99 percent of the time, investing in horse racing is just throwing money away...

https://www.cleveland.com/cuyahoga-county/2022/01/warrensville-heights-mayor-brad-sellers-drops-out-of-county-executive-race-in-wake-of-clevelandcomplain-dealers-reporting-about-his-taxes.html

I am shocked, shocked by this...is it me, or do Democrats not mind other people paying taxes, just that they mind paying their own taxes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home