Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Now and forever

 You know, hearing the wind whistle outside, and feeling the cold air in my room, I am thinking that maybe I need to move new windows to the top of the renovation chain.  I mean, the bathroom should be first, and the chimneys need some work, but...man, it is a bit chilly in here at times.  Course, when I was a kid, the coldest room in the house was fine, and it's not that bad...but I could rearrange the furniture and choose a different room.  It would just take work, and we know how I feel about that.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/interactive/tom-browns-body/

I listened to this today -- recommended by a friend.  And you know, it was truly compelling.  The story -- the unsolved and highly suspicious death of a Texas teenager -- crosses a lot of ways.  Is there a cover up?  Suicide?  Murder?  The parents?  Lots of twists and turns, but mostly...sadness, that a young person died and no one seems to know why, and whether or not we will ever see justice or even closure.

Is it me, or is Joe Biden -- of all people -- running around making comparisons to George Wallace and Jefferson Davis simply hilarious?  I mean, it's not that these people were Democrats, but Joe himself used to pal around with segregationists and Klansmen.  Good to see GOPers call attention to this, but nothing would amuse me more than to have every GOPer reading the exact quotes for more than a few media cycles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home