Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Day Quotidian

 This day was surprisingly restful AND productive.  Slept in a bit, then off to gym, Drug Mart, and the library (I have ordered a bunch of books and films on the NFR; even with the slowdown and the fact that I have 500 plus pages to go in my current read, supply creates its own demand).  Then, off to watch Duke... I remembered what happened last week and made sure to ignore my phone for a few hours, just to avoid any potential interruptions.  :)  

Then I did some stuff around the house!  Moved boxes downstairs, took stuff in the attic, cleaned the extra room, put junk away, got some stuff together for my sister and cousin, made a box for donation -- in short, it looks a lot neater!  Boiled some eggs, cooked some eggplant and salmon...simple, right?  Then, when the oven was heating and the food was baking, I read.  Just read.  One hour, maybe more... it was heaven.  Top it off, I cracked open "Band of Brothers" (Xmas gift) and watched the first two episodes.  I do love that series, and now I want to get "The Pacific" as the companion.

The downside of this, if you will, is now I want to do all sorts of things.  One, I found a couple of boxes of old history periodicals -- saved since when -- that I always wanted to read. This is fine, but we all know how my reading schedule is. Two, I realized that I need to buy two bookcases -- one for the playroom, and one for the basement, so I can store the bobbleheads and baseball paraphernalia I've accumulated over the years (oh the irony); I mean, I could store it upstairs, but I do need the book space.  It needs its own display.  I then realized I do have space for a bookshelf upstairs -- need to move some stuff around, but it's my house and no reason why not.  I also decided I need to clean/rearrange the attic.  No point in poking around the attic now, of course, but when the weather improves, it needs to be adjusted.  Not sure I need to purge stuff, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home