Thursday, January 20, 2022

The Perils of Idiots in Charge

 Oi.  Woke up bright and early this morning, lifted (well!) with the expectation of doing leg night...and lo and behold, the blood sugar has fallen and won't climb.  Very depressing.  To be sure, I had a healthy dinner, and it's cold, but... oi.  I had such high hopes.

On to low hopes.  Namely, I listened to Biden's press conference yesterday (today).  I mean, it was a train wreck, but those of us with half a brain knew this was coming.  I don't think it was the abject failure everyone else did...for one, calling out the GOP for not having a plan is smart.  Yes, Newt and the boys are working on one, but until we have one... of course, now that the challenge has been laid...meet it.  The other point, of course, is that he was signaling to his own party that he wasn't down and out yet.  To be sure, the polls say otherwise, but we are a long way from November.  I think, for instance, we could see some movement on the parts of the BBB plan if they break it up, Nancy's objections notwithstanding.  This could be me, but the genius of Stephen (or Frederick, for some of us) Douglas was in breaking up the Compromise of 1850 and letting everyone vote -- and pass -- each of its measures on its own merits.  (I think I am one of 12 people who know this.)  Doing that would allow the Dems to claim some wins while also letting everyone make their objections known...not sure that they are smart enough to realize this.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2022/01/20/youngkin-brings-the-pain-and-shows-republicans-how-to-win-n2602058?utm_campaign=rightrailsticky2

This is awesome; keep this up, and we might have a Presidential contender...

https://www.pillarcatholic.com/p/parish-responses-to-chicago-liturgy/comment/4542172

Oh, I don't know, Pope Francis is certainly making a mess of things on his own, and needs no help from the congregation. More seriously, I could not help but notice that these are Polish parishes leading the way on the resistance here.  Now, I am not exactly a fan of the Latin Mass -- a bit long for me, you know -- but I don't doubt that there are a lot of (ok, some, but these are the people who do the heavy lifting of church stuff, if you get my drift) people who do find it morally and spiritually uplifting, and ripping out Mass from beneath them is... well, not exactly designed to engender a spirit of Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home