Saturday, February 05, 2022

Labors

 Much of my day consisted of shoveling, and not at my house.  First was OC duty today, which was fine -- I know how to bundle up -- but the parking lot was barely done, so I helped to clear out a space by the door so we could have some room to set up the table and haul bags.  This was followed by widening the car space so I (and everyone else) wouldn't truck through a snowdrift.  Then some volunteers came to sort in the clothing room (sort of a mess; mainly just a LOT of clothes there), which was of course not plowed or accessible, so we shoveled a path for them (I even salted).  Anyways, the day at the OC was fine; not a big crowd, with the weather and the fact that most of the people who did come complained that they had bad streets or driveways.  Top it off, we didn't get any deliveries Thursday or Friday; we had plenty of canned goods, of course, but no new produce -- just what we had before.  At least we managed to get rid of most of that.

Funny...because while I was there my sister texted me if I could shovel her driveway a bit more -- the plow was a little short of the width of her garage, so there I was after the OC to push away more snow... then I had to go to another engagement which took most of the day.  It was nice to come home, finally...  even if I missed most of the Duke game (which they won, thankfully).  A hot shower, some dinner, a quiet cup of coffee... and some reading for a bit.  Not exactly the most exciting of days, but one that was ...eminently sensible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home