Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Falling Hard

Snowpocalypse 2.0 is upon us... I guess my plow-person is happy -- he only had to plow twice last year, and tomorrow will be #4, if not more.  Funny, as my driveway was completely pavement today, between the rain and the melt and my driving over it.  Now...well, behold the power of global warming.  At least I don't have to go anywhere.  Not that I wanted to, and I won't.

Watched "Stop Making Sense" today; it's a concert video of the Talking Heads from the mid-80s.  It was...fine?  I mean, I didn't really have much experience or knowledge of them until today (I asked a coworker for guidance).  I liked what I heard, but it did seem to me to be...period music, if you will.  To be sure, one had to be there to appreciate the difference, which I get.  Anyways, this gets me to 785 on the National Film Registry.

I am bemused by the Jim Harbaugh/Vikings story.  Unless the NFL is putting that out there to deflect fire from the Flores story, it does seem odd for Harbaugh to be so publicly linked to the job, and then not take it.  I would suspect he wanted too much money/power/personnel input, so the Vikings leaked it to smear him. I am sure The OSU is very saddened by the brouhaha.

Of course, this is not as amusing as the CNN scandal; I sort of want to work there, as there is literally plenty of action to go around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home