Thursday, February 03, 2022

Snowed in

 That snow was impressive today.  Mind you, the couple of times I ventured out, it wasn't that bad -- not that cold, not that windy; hell, I saw a couple of people walking around and taking the dogs for a stroll for a bit (about noon)  when it snowed less.  But from about 2 on...whoa.  I put the news on at 6 and saw the camera at 271 and 480 -- where I would have been driving on crappy roads -- and they showed three cars the entire two-minute camera pan.  I mean, between the pandemic and this, no one was driving, and that is good.  No gym today, and I think I will skip the AM workout (for now).  Of course, I may feel fat and decide to go twice, just because.

Watched "A Cool World" tonight.  It's interesting; basically, a look at a Harlem street gang in the mid 1960s, shot from the perspective of the gang leader.  All-Black (mainly), lots of interesting street scenes, and shot with an amateur/cinema verite feel.  It was a bit difficult to get used to, at first, but I was fascinated just by the whole thing.  Pretty cool overall.  This brings me to 786 for the NFR, and sent me on a mad search through Ohiolink to find more films (with some success).

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/02/bernie-moreno-drops-out-of-ohios-republican-us-senate-race.html

Interesting (especially the part about the visit to the kingmaker).  I liked the guy -- he was #2 on my list of candidates -- but it did seem he had trouble getting traction in the crowded field.  I am still Team Vance but he has been silent on the air, which is a problem... not that I pay attention to ads on Facebook or elsewhere, where I guess the action lies.

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-near-earth-comet-may-have-destroyed-a-north-american-culture-1-500-years-ago

This is fascinating!  More to the point, a good use of science, history, and oral tradition.  Let's hope more work is done here...

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/03/kyrsten-sinema-staff-revolt-00005270

There is always suicide, I guess....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home