Wednesday, March 02, 2022

A morning of meh

 So, was supposed to post last night, but I decided to get to bed early -- 7 AM Mass today.  I helped Fr. Joe with the distribution of ashes as well as Communion.  It is a little odd, just sprinkling the ashes over the head instead of getting the cross on the forehead.  I guess it is safer, but one does miss the holier-than-thou feeling of walking around with the ashes.  I don't think it is a coincidence that today's Gospel was the one about not being a hypocrite and doing your charity in public...

Watched the SOTU last night...it was...meh?  I don't know; it would have funny as hell if all the GOPers wore masks to protest the political decision by Pelosi not to wear them.  I did like the comment about "13 of them;" actually, I thought it hit pretty hard, but considering the messenger...they will concentrate on them.  I guess 1) No one seems to bring up Joe Biden and his history of lying; 2) No one seems to bring up the Trump claim of "if you haven't done it yet, when do it how," and 3) If all the stuff that he said would happen hasn't yet...what makes you think now it will?  I don't expect the chattering classes to do so, but the GOP must then.

Similarly meh, I watched the latest/last Bond film last night... "No Time to Die."  It was...long; very long, almost three hours.  And while there was some good action and fight scenes...not enough.  Rami Malek is an interesting choice for a Bond villain, but it was...well, not very convincing.  Plus, the ending...not exactly sure what they are trying to do with it?  Kill him off?  Start something new?  It was a hot mess.

So, the library announced that soon Ohiolink (the system that allows you get to stuff from any library in Ohio) will be offline for about six weeks (until May) due to some unspecified issue.  Oi.  I use it quite a bit -- lots of stuff from the NFR, some of the more esoteric things I read -- so this is going to be a mini-catastrophe.  Course, considering all of the stuff I have to do the next few weeks, there will be little time for extraneous reading (alas)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home