Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Unavoidable

 So, last night I went to bed -- too tired to blog.  I watched the Duke game on my phone while watching the three Jeopardy! games...I think I am glad I did, given the multiple ways Duke tried to throw the game away.  They still won, thank God...but the look on Banchero's face when the miracle heave rattled in and out...well, it said it all.  I was slightly perturbed by the whole thing, so I went to the gym and had a good work out.  Woke up early for leg day today, and tonight...well, low blood sugar, so there went that.  Oi.

I do want to read the new Coach K bio that comes out next week (of course).  I am sure all that is mean and unfavorable is nothing but a pack of lies. :)  More seriously...this could be me, and I am sure Tommy Amaker is a fine coach, but...he has been gone a long time, and while he deserves consideration for the job of coaching Duke, I am not sure he merits anything special.  I can see how he would be hurt, but... Coach K has a right to pick his successor.  Anyways, I expect the thing will be a real page-turner...

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/15/stefanik-quieting-doubters-messaging-chief-00008877

This is...good?  I mean, if you are convinced the press is biased against you, only talk to the people who are with you?  Eventually, if people are left out in the cold long enough... ha!  Who are we kidding?

I got a kick out of the Canadian Parliament debate, where Justin Castreaux (I love that) accused the Jewish MP of siding with people who wave swastikas.  As you can imagine, that went over all, and the Internet has reacted accordingly.  I actually prefer the parliamentary system in that way, in that the leaders have to face someone when something goes wrong; that and the fact you do get honest debate in these things.  I have to admit that between Donald Trump and Joe Biden it would be a complete trainwreck, yet completely glorious to behold...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home