Sunday, February 20, 2022

Exhaustion

 I am just...tired.  For a bunch of reasons, none of them particularly good, I barely got four hours of sleep last night, and I am feeling it today in spades.  I have nodded off a couple of times already, not gotten as much done as I liked, and have been rather lethargic, despite several cups of coffee.  I even met a friend at Atomic Dog in Montrose this afternoon (it was quite good) and the two larges I had this afternoon managed to power me a bit, but now...the torpor just overwhelms me.  I am off tomorrow, so I can sleep in, but I have meetings and other things, and do want to get some things done as well.  Oi.  Poor discipline all around!  

Almost done with the current book -- 10 for the year -- By More Than Providence -- which is a look at US foreign policy in the Pacific Rim since the foundation of the republic.  Interesting, if the modern era is a bit scrunched together.  Long but I certainly learned some stuff, always good.

Friday night I watched "The Wobblies," a documentary about the IWW, the first large-scale union in the US.  It was good -- quite informative, and I think it was highly sympathetic to the cause and the people who joined (they had a bunch of interviews with surviving members), but it didn't really cover all of the story, like their brushes with various laws, isms, and other sorts of "minor" things.  Still, I liked it -- given a new glimpse at a semi-forgotten world....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home