Friday, March 04, 2022

Catching up

 So, I finally post now, after three days and my usual complaints about not sleeping.  Wednesday I just took off -- paperwork, Dr. Pimple Popper, that sort of thing.  It was nice; a brief respite of catching that is now almost completely forgotten.  :)

Thursday I went to Rood Food and Pie in Lakewood....I was in the area, and was fascinated by some of their pierogi offerings. I went with the mackerel pierogi, a vegan corn cake appetizer, and, of course, a bananas Foster-style piece of pie for dessert.  It was really good!  The pierogis were fine; interesting flavor, not too overwhelming.  The vegan corn cakes (I wasn't that hungry and wanted to save room for pie) was pretty outstanding; three decent-sized corn patties (good flavor) on top of a bed of salsa and lettuce, topping with two good sauces (with a bit of kick at the end).  The pie was decadent and delicious; not sure it is $7 worth, but...  I definitely would go back, even if it is sort of far and has no parking to speak off, so you are hauling ass in Lakewood.  Sigh.

Then it was off to downtown for the Horizon League quarterfinal, featuring CSU (my new favorite Cleveland team, I guess) and Robert Morris in the men and CSU and NKU (the Norse, I like it) in the women's game.  Both were won by CSU, thank God; it was not a large crowd, but large enough, and they made some noise and created a good atmosphere. The men's game went interminably long, as the scoreboard/shot clock/game clock conked out early.  After about 15 minutes of trying (and failing) to fix it, they decided to play without it (I was sitting in the RMU section, the fans had some colorful, and amusing, commentary), with the PA announced regularly calling out game info and the players -- not having mobile phones -- the only ones to not know what is going on.  Anyways, we did win, so it is off to the semis, far, far away...in Indianapolis.  Alas.

Today I did a gym double, completing it after Stations, as I felt fat.  Stations was sparsely attended, sadly... not sure if this is a thing or the usual first Lenten issue (people forget).  It is nice, though... I do feel more spiritual doing so, and considering how I am, that says something.  I had dinner at Holy Name, and honestly, it was better than ALL of the dinners I had last year.  Not sure what they did to the baked tilapia (three nice pieces), but it wasn't just paprika; it had a generous spice rub that was delicious. The cabbage and noodles was also done well, and after last year's running fiascos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home