Thursday, March 10, 2022

More Wakey Wakey

More wakey wakey, or rather... I had movie last night and didn't blog.  I watched (around Dr. Pimple Popper) "Midnight Express," the 1970s movie about the guy who was caught smuggling hashish out of Turkey and spent several years in a Turkish prison.  It was...interesting.  Yeah, it was good... I wouldn't say it was great, and it's not like I was sympathetic to his plight (smuggling drugs out of a third-world country?!), but I did enjoy it, sort of.  At least now I get the "Turkish prison" reference in "Airplane."

I also watched "My Name is Oona," a short film on the National Film Registry (787).  All I can say is...some movies are better seen when on something, like drugs, and this was one of them.  At least it was short -- 10 minutes -- and I didn't exactly need to search around for a deeper understanding.

In the meantime, I woke up early today and lifted; the prospects are good for a gym double, even though the low blood sugar meant no cardio and no reading.  Alas.

The Britney Griner story amuses the hell out of me (speaking of Americans languishing in foreign prisons). On the one hand, I suspect she is being railroaded, for any number of reasons.  On the other hand...trying to bring her narcotics set out of Russia, if true, is pretty...stupid.  I mean, I have considered her judgment to be extremely suspect -- choosing Baylor as her college of choice despite her LGBT status, for instance -- so this is probably par for the course, but if it never crossed her mind that she should purge her contraband before crossing the border...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home