Saturday, April 02, 2022

Fun city

 Yesterday I was confronted with the usual Friday decision of where to go for dinner...I decided on St. Stephen's, up in the Detroit-Shoreway neighborhood; as I like to say, I like to go where they need the money, not where they want it.  Anyways, it was take out only (brought my own silverware) and the menu options were limited; I went with the shrimp/fish combo (fried only).  It was...pretty good; you certainly got a lot of food for $11.  The fish was good -- nice and hot, good breading.  Shrimp was fine.  Sides were acceptable -- mac and cheese (not a fave) was decent, and the cole slaw/pierogi/applesauce was good.  I was pleasantly surprised.

Since I had some time before Stations, I checked out the church.  I didn't get to meander; they had Stations/Adoration going on, but it was certainly very nice in there; sort of like St. Stan's, with the woodwork and the floor plan.  Quite a few people there, too; I was surprised.  It is a Jesuit parish...  I was surprised no one tried for a grope, but then again, in that part of the world, they don't have to go far to find that, if you get my drift...  anyways, then back to my parish for Stations.  Odd... Polish service was going on, and they went til 6:59, and it was...full.  We had the usual group of four.  Very sad.

https://cbradleythompson.substack.com/p/the-battle-for-the-minds-of-americas?s=w

Interesting, but I think -- and thanx to the pandemic! -- times they are a changing, and this is for the better.  To be sure, as I have often said, teachers have no one to blame but themselves, but this is amusing...and let's hope more parents get involved here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home