Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Exposures

 Is it me, or are all these GOP Senate candidate commercials too much?  I mean, I love political ads -- billions of people would literally die for the right to vote in a free and fair election -- and I realize that the plethora of candidates makes it worse, but... I think 2/3 of the commercials on during J! are political ads; hell, some of them even repeat, which is something of an accomplishment, given their number.  As we say around here, oi.

So, I was cruising through my Wondery subscription (for now) and I came upon "Gladiator," the series by the Boston Globe about Aaron Hernandez.  Since we all love train wrecks, I listened -- it's about four hours total -- and it was interesting.  Learned a lot about him, and I sort of felt sorry for the guy; not the homicide part, of course, but the crappy and abusive childhood, sexual abuse, repressed sexuality, running into Urban Meyer...not hard to see how someone could snap.  To say nothing of the CTE... on the other hand, he definitely killed one person and possibly two more, and it is hard to sympathize, or even empathize with that

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2022/04/how-ohio-governor-mike-dewine-survived-trump/629450/

This, I think, is exactly right; the Senate race has occupied the attention of the GOP and the candidates opposing DeWine are just "meh" enough that he will survive.  That, and the fact that most GOP voters realize (more or less) that DeWine would probably win his race, whereas the others...not so much.  GOPers have plenty of experience in holding their noses when casting ballots, I guess, and they will be putting it to good use in this primary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home