Thursday, April 14, 2022

Surprises

 Interesting day... very busy at work, not that this is a bad thing; I am learning much, and people want, or need me.  And it is still better than the last job...  also went to the dentist first thing in the morning to have two cavities filled.  That was fairly painless, and the one side of the mouth felt normal in a long hour; the other, though... it was almost one before it was back to usual.  Odd.  I took the opportunity to do some shopping in low-tax Summit County (stuff is also cheaper there!) and hit Stan's Northfield bakery for their paska bread, which I had never had.. it was quite good.  Not quite as good as Samosky's, I think (theirs is sweeter and has cherries) but it is close; lots of raisins, light and crumbly, and the streusel topping is a nice touch.  I think I would go back!

I helped out at the Holy Thursday service today... it was a bit discombobulated at first, but quite nice...I sort of like it; I mean, not the reason, of course, but the service is well done, with the pomp and circumstance, at least as much as the occasion allowed.  Foot washing returned to the rite, though I did not partake.  I did help take down the altar -- everything!  The candlesticks on the altar are quite heavy; didn't anyone think of these things 100 years ago?  (No.)  The real excitement, though, was when I pulled in the lot... I guess some local youths tried to steal someone's car, they were warded off, and the cops were combing the scene when I arrived...  As I like to say, given that the area is full of Hope and Changers...call me unsurprised.  

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2022/04/possible-trump-endorsement-of-jd-vance-for-senate-brings-pushback-from-ohio-gop-leaders.html

Interesting.  (And to think that it might happen in Delaware County!)  I mean, I would put him third, behind Gibbons and Mandel, for one, and two, he certainly has a record of anti-Trump rhetoric.  Of course, the Donald is not exactly known for verbal consistency, so that is hardly an impediment.  Would it throw the race to Vance?  Maybe?  I mean, receiving the crown would certainly be a bump, but he has been less active on the air, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home