Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter!

 Easter came and went...and it was good.  Friday night it started when I made the Easter cuisine in time for basket blessing.  Saturday morning I woke up early, hit the gym, did some errands, and then went home in time to be ready for the noon blessing.  It was nice -- lots of people, decent homily...good to carry on the tradition.  Caught up on stuff the rest of the day...

Today was interesting.  Mass was fine -- good crowd, church beautiful, service wonderful.  I was the EM, and...I really had to work.  I had a bunch of people in the pews to whom I brought Communion.  Then, at the altar, when Fr. Joe ran out of hosts, he left me to handle the crowd (I don't blame him, it is hard for him to stand)...and it was a lot!  I wasn't worried about running out of hosts, but they just kept coming!  Phew. Then, I had to report to the choir loft twice to bring Communion to all the musicians.  Good -- and holy -- exercise!

Speaking of exercise, noticing the fatness, and the fact that this weekend is not a good one for the diet...I took a series of long walks yesterday and today -- four three milers.  I haven't done it in a while, and with the weather being cool but not wet... well, it felt good.  My time was about the same, and if I can keep them up...well, it's not the exercise so much as the eating, but a combo of both... the weight will slowly recede.

Anyways, family brunch today was wonderful -- good to see the cousins and the aunts and uncles again.  My little cousin Jacob is 11 months old, and he was very happy to see everyone...cute kid.  Heck, even the dog was nice to me; he must have sensed I was the weak link and was most likely to feed him human food (which I did not).  Then home and then to visit a friend who doesn't have anyone around...I brought him some Easter dinner -- which he truly appreciated -- and then home.  Rah.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/opinion/conservative-voters-america.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20220413&instance_id=58297&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=31060267&segment_id=88277&user_id=f914b0e213c5e2b4265494b6d07fe88f

I realize this is the NYT here, but...saying it is bad for democracy because a good hunk of men are disillusioned...mainly by the changes encouraged by the NYT...well, that's slightly rich to me...

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000017f-bcf4-d17b-a1ff-bef5e8a70000

Interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home