Friday, April 15, 2022

Big news

 So...I needed to make the kielbasa for the weekend, but of course I didn't want to make it during the day...so I waited until midnight, fired up the oven... and here we are.  Aside from the non-violation but still sketchy avoidance of The Rules, it was...pretty good.  Cherrywood smoked from Krakow Deli and some (supplied by my sister) from State Road Meats.  A couple of fixings, some paska bread, and, once I get the basket down from the attic...we will be ready for the basket blessing tomorrow.

Noon Stations -- I don't recall the last time I went -- was actually somewhat crowded.  While I was glad they were there... I couldn't help but wonder where these people are the rest of Lent.  Alas.  At least I was able to finish up one project at work and clear up that backlog ever-so-slightly.  

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/dianne-feinstein-senate-17079487.php

Of all the Democrats out there, this is the only one they can find that can't mentally cut it?

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/04/donald-trump-endorses-jd-vance-in-ohios-crowded-republican-us-senate-primary.html

So, this is big!  But, can it help him?  Especially with stuff like this...

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/14/ohio-republicans-vance-endorsement-00025395

I don't know.  First, this is sort of late in the game.  Second, Vance hasn't been on air nearly enough, and while I like his ads...I bet there are plenty of people who didn't read Hillbilly Elegy and thus don't know all that much about him.  I think we can define most of the other guys in the race -- who they are and what they stand for -- but Vance has a good a story as anyone.

On the other hand...looking at the data from the article...about 15% of GOP voters have not made up their minds (seems hard to believe, but ok).  That's certainly enough -- with any slacking from the others -- to eke out a narrow win.  Now, I think he has to run an inside straight to get there, and then we have to win the general (in a red year), but if Trump can convince his voters to alter their allegiances... it could happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home