Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Rendezvous

 Went to dinner with a couple of former coworkers last night; hit Betts downtown, right off E. 9th... it was surprisingly good (I even found a free parking spot!).  Bit pricey but not terribly so, and the dinner -- cider chicken, side of brussels sprouts -- was quite good.  Good to catch up, honestly -- one of them also has a new job and we were in complete concordance that the new job was better for us in many ways.  Honestly, it was good to be out of the house, just chilling...something I do miss about downtown, always someplace to go... and you can walk.

One thing my coworker told me -- and I reminded him of it -- that the Dems' 50-50 tie in the Senate was the worst thing that could have happened to them, because then they would assume they had a mandate, and...well, they didn't.  Hell, they can't even get their slim majority to agree on anything.  Now, were it not for the expected idiocy of the GOP (and even our race here is part of it; all of this infighting is not good), we could be looking at taking 5 seats or so; I think we will lucky to pull a +3; thank God the House is more gerrymandered, but...now is the time to strike and sweep them all.  Alas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/elon-musk-isnt-buying-twitter-to-defend-free-speech/ar-AAWFddN?li=BBnb7Kz

So what?  I mean, the more I read and follow about Elon, the more there is to like.  More seriously...how is he going to make this thing into a more profitable business, if he decides to alter with the free speech and moderation policies?  I can see -- quite easily -- a reverse Florida here, with people fleeing the site as things get a bit loosened.  Now, they have a right to do so, but...it would ruin part of his plan for the purchase.   I am truly fascinated as to how this will turn out.

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/04/27/lakers-front-office-blaming-lebron-ad-for-acquiring-westbrook-per-report

This isn't the first time LeBron has pulled this; if I recall, didn't the Cavaliers redo a roster on the fly because his machinations produced a team that looked good but was a dumpster fire?  I realize he is LeBron, but wouldn't someone just take a trip down memory lane and say thanx but no thanx?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home