Sunday, January 22, 2023

Aggravation Station

 So, today was Mass in honor of Mom and Dad, and my sister met me for the occasion...honoring Mom, she complained about my shirt, how I was the EM for the choir loft, how she needed dramamine to be in the pew with me, and how I wouldn't let her "examine" my envelope to make sure I had "correct change."  I of course was amused.  But it was nice...then we went out to breakfast at the Red Chimney, because, well, going out to eat was something my parents did.  It was quite good, but we may have dawdled too long, because then it started to snow -- really snow.  I did manage to proceed to the food pantry (missing paperwork, mental note!) and then drove home...first time all year I turned on the four-wheel drive.  It was...not good out there, honestly, and people were going a bit slow... of course, when I got to my exit on the highway, it was a clusterhump.  One car -- literally right where you would turn right -- had her blinkers on and was parked, so you had to go around her (as if there were lanes, or a car that would let you).  Then, two houses in front of her, an Amazon truck was parked and had his blinkers on.  When we finally cleared that mess, one of the cars was literally going up Wallings Road hill at 5 mph, which, as you can imagine, is way too slow... I was so happy to get home, even if I skipped the gym.  As I often say, you always seen cops pulling over people going too fast, but they are never around to clear these idiots out.

Anyways, for a bunch of reasons, it was a nice, quiet day at home -- did some laundry, responded to the emails I sent out yesterday (more work!), snarfed some dinner, and even went through the backlog of links and bookmarks.  Soon I will fire up the coffee and read -- maybe even finish -- the massive tome I have been working on, and maybe get to bed early.  Not bloody likely, of course, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home