Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Suckitude

 Well, I officially have a cold -- I feel like meh, my body temperature is a solid hunk colder than usual, and there are the usual sniffles, sneezes, and coughs.  It is my own damn fault -- not nearly enough rest last week -- and I will be catching up the next few days.  I didn't leave the house today -- no gym! -- due to the weather and my general feeling of craptasticness.  My 3 PM District Presidents meeting was offered as a Zoom, and I gladly took it, due to the busyness of my job, other meetings, and my health.  Humorously, a few other people on the call also had calls, so I think we saved everyone from a vortex of germs.

I did spend some time looking for films on the NFR; quite a few are available on VHS in the state library system, but with my VCR on the fritz, it is much less good... I have been thinking about ordering a replacement, which I have not done for a bunch of reasons (cost, want to spend on debt reduction, God knows how I can install the thing) but I might just have to revisit it.  To be sure, I don't need to watch them now and all at once, but we all know how I am at lists and such.

This could be me -- and I feel a little nauseous even saying this -- but I liked what the Pope said today. Now, to be sure, God knows what he actually meant, but if we take him at his word... is he wrong?  No; I think we all can agree the state/cops have better things to do than to play sex police.  Hell, he even maintained that homosexuality is a sin (for now).  Of course, it is a sad commentary of affairs when we have to commend the Pope for, you know, being Catholic.  As I am fond of saying, we certainly didn't have this problem when the Pope was Polish....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home