Friday, January 12, 2024

Flakes and lumps

 The wind is...impressive.  Actually, the whole change in weather has been impressive.  It was fairly nice most of the day -- I went to the gym, the bank, the library, and Marc's (I needed milk) -- but it seemed abou4 PM (as predicted); the wind picked up, there was rain and wet snow, and soon I heard the snowplow... I thought about a gym double today but I guess I do not regret skipping it this afternoon.  Tomorrow I guess it will be...well, windy, with intermittent snow, with the cold to come Sunday.  That should be a change, to put it...mildly.  :)

Last night I watched "Love and Basketball" and tonight I took advantage of the gift of time by watching "Edge of the City."  Both are new additions to the National Film Registry.  I would not say I loved both films, but I liked them and certainly could sense why they were culturally significant.   The first film... one thing I found fascinating is that it dealt with young love but treated it, if you will, in a... mature manner?  I wouldn't say it was slow-moving, but it was gradual in its approach.  The second... it was ok; I could see how and why it was controversial at the time, and it did show how gifted an actor Sidney Poitier was.  Impressive.  I think both endings were a little Hollywood-ish, but...so be it.  This puts me at 827 and I just ordered another.

Consumer Credit Hits Record $5 Trillion, Credit Card Rates Also Record High – MishTalk
When we look at why the consumer perception of the economy is where it is, we need to look here, especially with interest rates so high.  Again, some GOPer somewhere should be railing at this; the interest rates are too damn high is certainly something that would win votes, especially for our new populist party.  Working class voters in AZ, WI, MI, and PA might be especially receptive, just saying.

In other news, to use a favorite French phrase, je perds patience.  As part of my ongoing tummy rumbling, I had to supply a sample, and as you know, last Friday... I did so.  Called the MD today to see what were the results, and... not only did the MD not have the results, the lab had no record of my having taking the test.  So, I have to re-provide said sample... my sister finds this immensely humorous (as do I, sort of) and after entreating me to study hard, noted that somewhere in the universe my sample is floating around...  If there is an issue with this one, someone is going to have a live one, and they can collect it any way they please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home