Saturday, January 13, 2024

Winter arrives

 That escalated quickly, or degenerated, I guess.  Yes, I had the Browns game on, at least til the fourth quarter, when I shut off the TV and made dinner.  Funny, I really didn't want to, but everyone I knew was, so... bet they are sorry they did!  Man, Flacco looked awful there; not sure to whom he was throwing to on either of those passes.

I guess the weather wasn't as bad as I thought; it seemed people were out and about all over today.  I went to the lab to get the test kit and then the gym (which was packed) and then safely home, where I bundled up, drank some coffee, and did some contract work.  I should be looking at bathroom contractors; maybe tomorrow, as I really have nothing planned then either.  This is sort of nice, actually.   Just different.  I need to put the furnace up a bit, as the cold spell really starts tonight and that will be especially unpleasant.  I can see why people heat their garages.  I should probably add mouse traps to the garage, lest they try and enter again.  

Did watch a couple of films tonight.  One was the Fassbender adaptation of Macbeth from 2015.  Sort of dark, not that Macbeth was happy puppies.  Dare I say they portray him as having PTSD?  Did give the wife a bit of eroticism, which I thought interesting, though it certainly seemed to put her back in the drivers' seat as to pushing her husband to commit the acts.  The other was a documentary from the 80s, "Radio Bikini," about the 1946 atomic tests and their long-term effects -- people displaced, thousands of veterans affected by disease, all shamelessly lied to.  As I like to say, thank God that wouldn't happen now.

I guess one nice thing about today is that it was restful.  That, combined with my interest to hit the hay soon, should be a boon to my nagging cold.  I am not sure it is getting better but it does seem to be breaking up a bit, though the weather will NOT help.  Hell, I do have a winter jacket around here somewhere, so I should find that as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home