Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Bemused and Amazed

 Nothing like not being able to sleep once again.  Ok, it happens, but it seems to be happening more lately, which is not good.  Funny thing is, the day was...pretty good.  Less stressful.  Hit the gym.  Heavy rain on the way home, which affected but not terribly the commute.  Healthy dinner of salmon and veggies... can't complain about that.  I feel the fatness coming on, but the scale said 184, so... 

Half of my parishes have responded to my invite for next month's Communion breakfast, and the turnout promises to be... high, from what is reported.  I am pleasantly surprised by that, and if the other parishes respond...well, it would be a nice turnout!  I need to send an update to the caterer and do some administration!  I do have a month, and it is only 40-50 people, but...  

‘Smiling his ass off’: How Trump used the New York bodega visit to return to form - POLITICO
Don't we have to give some "credit" for Alvin Bragg, for setting himself up like that?  I mean, if the guy is indicting Trump and store owners, but not actual criminals... I would argue that this is one of the things that people like about Trump, his ability to call out the idiocy of modern life...the old comment that people look at Trump and like him because they take him seriously but not literally...

Turmoil at NPR after editor rips network for political bias (msn.com)
This could be me, but does anyone -- except for those who work and listen to NPR -- not believe that they have a liberal bias?  I occasionally pop on, such as while channel surfing, and there is no way they can deny it.  Then, of course, people find the social media posts of the CEO, and... we're off to the races. More seriously, I like the idea of challenging people about intellectual diversity; if there are 87 Dems and 0 GOPers on staff, that is something of a problem, and if they don't realize it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home