Thursday, April 04, 2024

Perceptions

My sister and I had our monthly dinner for March tonight...I know, we were busy and things got delayed.  She chose the new Cozumel at Broadview and Snow; it was good -- place was packed -- but we were surprised at how...spare the decor was.  I know it is a former bank, but normally you see schlotskys and stuff on the wall.  Slightly odd, but it was fine.  One odd thing... the bathroom was a one-seater, which surprised me, as it is a Mexican restaurant, if you get my drift...  As always, it was good to catch up; my sister is hell-bent on retiring.  I can't imagine it... I am glad for her but for now, I can't imagine not working.  That and the designer for the bathroom got back to me... so I will be slaving away. 

What’s Wrong With the U.S. Economy? It’s You, Not the Data - WSJ
How Far $100 Goes at the Grocery Store After Five Years of Food Inflation - WSJ
I got a kick out of these, being as they were literally next to each other.  I think this is the problem and of course we in the GOP should be hitting the Dems on this.  I was reflecting on my own economic health; I am making more, but some costs are up, and if I had major credit card debt, or expenses (I live pretty cheaply)... it would be much worse.  Only because the bathroom needs to be done and I have been saving for it... otherwise I would wait.

Another way in which we could profit is through the conflict in Israel... one would think that Trump would be assailing the Palestinians more; to me, Jewish voters are a potential source of votes for us, and it seems that no one seems to want to say that the Palestinians have brought this on themselves... they are keeping the hostages, acting in a manner contrary to international law, etc., One of the nice things about Trump is that he has been able to get into the Democratic coalition, and to cleave another plank of it... well, it would be something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home