Tuesday, April 02, 2024

War Inside and Out

Funny, well, not really; I have had charley horses the last three nights, and then to top it off, they are re-cramping during the day.  While on the one hand the pain isn't that much worse -- or, as my father used to say, worse and worser -- it is vastly annoying, and even by drinking more water and walking around more (it got steadily warmer by the day) it has not really helped.  Alas.  God is telling me yet again that I am not a young man anymore; that and my depressing J! scores.  I really might have to consider NOT doing a word seek or something during the show and paying attention so my mind works faster.  Yes, the questions are harder for tournament play, but... that depresses me more, actually, the mental decline.  Sigh.

I watched the "20 Days in Mariupol" documentary, and it was fairly riveting.  To me the worst thing about this -- aside from the isolationism gripping my party -- is that the Russians have not nearly suffered enough.  Their civilian sites are unscathed, and even their industries and infrastructure are barely touched. I realize we cannot start WWIII, but when you read about how our intelligence agencies are warning the Russians about terror plots... sigh.

I have to hand it to Kim Mulkey; just as she gets an apology from the LA Times, she manages to piss off the governor of Louisiana -- a problem for the coaching staff at LSU, I would suppose -- with this latest National Anthem flap.  While it could be innocent, with her you really cannot give her the benefit of the doubt, can you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home