Monday, April 01, 2024

The Art of Being Impressed

My first impression of the LSU-Iowa game was... wow, that was Kim Mulkey's outfit?  Very restrained, especially for her.  That said... it was a good game, with Iowa pulling away late and getting the W.  I was a little surprised, given all the drama in the LSU world; I would have thought that they would have been armed for bear, and they were for three quarters or so.  But, turnovers and Caitlin Clark were too much for them, and... Iowa will be here next week.  

Tennessee fires women's basketball coach Kellie Harper week after NCAA Tournament ouster (msn.com)
Interesting.  For one, I was surprised that they fired her, being a Pat Summitt alum and all.   Plus, she has been fairly successful, albeit... well, never having gone past the Sweet Sixteen round seems to be the issue, though... had they ended the South Carolina streak, I bet she is still employed today.  I can easily see her going anywhere she wants... I heard UT is looking at Kara Lawson from Duke (who at least made it to the Sweet Sixteen, thank Buckeyes!), which would be a good hire, though... I can see not wanting to perpetually coach in the shadow of Pat.

Right now I am watching the Doc Severinsen episode of "American Masters," and I am perpetually saying "Jesus."  One, he's 90, and he is damned impressive -- hitting the gym hard three days a week (and hitting it), touring, making music, and being active.  I have listened to some of his albums (I saw them at the library and was like hmm...), should listen more... but he is quite the tale.  I can imagine all the trumpet playing is good for breathing and the heart, and provided you stay active... well, I have a goal for my next fifty years or so. 

I sent out the email invitations for the hopefully annually occurring Mass and Communion breakfast.  Now, of course, we just have to get people to come...hell, I hope they even RSVP.  More seriously, I hope this goes well, as it would be good to meet, get together, share spirituality... that sort of thing.  Other Districts seem to have it and I would like to think we could at least do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home