Monday, March 18, 2024

Decisions

Being the diligent person I am, ALL of the pools are filled in.  Men, women, NCAA, NIT, CBI, CIT; you name it, I filled it out.  Each of course is filled out differently, my own form of arbitrage.  One pool, of course, is a Duke pool, but the others could be... well, anything.  The chance of my winning anything is of course equal to my winning the lottery or getting married, but, as with so many other things, is not the fun in the trying?

Snow this morning!  And all day!  Quite impressive, sort of; very chilly out there, and while I don't think we got an inch -- if that -- the snowplow made a visit on my street about an hour ago.  I know it is Ohio and still winter, but after the good weather of the last few weeks, this little outbreak was... impressive in its own way.  I see it will be colder this week, which is not good... I guess it will long sleeves for another week.  I may as well get the laundry done, as it can dry in my enclosed sauna-like bathroom.

I watched the first half of the PBS special on Dante.... interesting.  I have only read a small part of it, and just the Inferno, but from what I saw...maybe I should check it out.  I guess I always liked the part about shitting on his enemies via poetry,  but he was also creating modern secular poetry, love stories, and new Italian literature.  

I still have no idea who to vote for tomorrow; I could use the weather as an excuse, but that's not really acceptable, and I would hate to break my streak of not missing an election.  I realize I will probably do the Archie Bunker strategery of always voting against, but in a three-way contest, you might have to vote for someone, and that is a problem...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home