Thursday, March 14, 2024

Limping Links

 Has it been two days since I posted?  I guess so; no reason why I have not, just the usual -- watching hoops and trying to get to bed early.  Last night was a bit rough; couldn't sleep (the Big Sky final was oddly compelling) and then at 3 I woke up to my low blood sugar alarm going off... followed by my getting an intense Charlie horse.  I ended up in the bathroom -- I often feel dehydrated during these events -- and my leg gave out... I almost fell in the toilet, but caught myself.  I eventually had some water, a snack, and some elevation, but... it was not a joyous 20 minutes.

Monday night I was supposed to hang with a friend -- he cancelled -- and then the same thing happened Tuesday.  I guess I get it -- at my age, sadly, there are times I do NOT feel like leaving the house (especially during March Madness) but two in a row was unsettling.  Last nite I met a friend from church for dinner and I of course was NOT cancelling (ha); we ended up chatting for a couple hours.  The locale (my choice, my side of town) was Thai Gourmet in Independence... it was ok.  Not as good as Lotus Thai House, I would say... not that it was bad -- certainly not! -- but the difference was between an A and B, if you will.  I probably should have cut it earlier to get home sooner, but... work has been busy -- in a good way -- so it was nice to escape for a bit.

Cleveland’s Fleet Bike Shop in Slavic Village closing after 50+ years - cleveland.com
This is sad; mind you, I have never been inside there, but the place has been there forever, and yet another business on Fleet is shutting down... to be sure, the man deserves a retirement, but... 

GOP infighting in Ohio could blow the party's shot at flipping the Senate - POLITICO
I don't know; I think they are correct in assuming that a bruising primary doesn't exactly mean disaster in the general, but knocking off Sherrod Brown is going to be tough.  Left unsaid (mostly) is that I think a lot of GOPers do not like any of the candidates.  I am not sure that the DeWine and Portman endorsements help Dolan that much -- they are sort of seen as RINOs, let face it -- and I think the people most likely to vote in a primary are those who would NOT be moved by them.  Will the GOP electorate that loves Trump love him enough to support Moreno?  I think so but... I am not terribly convinced about him as a candidate, either.

How Overpaid Are State and Local Government Workers Compared to Private? – MishTalk
I think every government worker is overpaid AND underworked, so... yawn.

politico.com/f/?id=0000018e-0e31-dba0-abcf-4eb75a210000&nname=playbook&nid=0000014f-1646-d88f-a1cf-5f46b7bd0000&nrid=ccfeb898-0174-47bc-8200-846bade79d2d&nlid=630318
Good stuff here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home