Saturday, March 09, 2024

Sadness

 Well, that was a catastrophe.  Ok, not really, but... a Duke loss to UNC in Cameron is simply not good.  To be sure, they looked like they were going to be run out of the building early, but battled back... you can't defend Cormac Ryan going 6-8 from 3-pt land, but you can make FTs, play better defense, etc.  I have trouble seeing them making a deep run in the tournament, but...  one never knows.

Funny; I had very little to do today -- no food pantry, no other stuff.  I paid my taxes, ran a couple of errands, hit the gym, and did some contract work... which was good.  I do like being productive and remaining knowledgeable about all of my fields...  one amusing thing.  I bought pop on sale at Acme (the 2-L bottles), and I asked for them to be in paper and plastic.  The young man behind the register put all four pops in a paper bag and then put them into the plastic bag... with immense difficulty, of course.  I tried to explain to him to put the paper bag (flat) in first and he looked at me like I was insane.  I got a kick out of this because I can pack a bag of canned goods in 94 seconds... and that's not the way to do it.  Oi.  I guess I am the reason why groceries stores want use to use cloth bags, but...

Melt founder Matt Fish on Independence restaurant’s closing: ‘This one stings a little bit for sure’ (msn.com)
Bidenomics in action!  More seriously, we were all a little surprised when it closed; it seemed like it was always busy, and from the article, it was... but they weren't making much cash.  I think this is a problem -- the article in the WSJ about expensive cheeseburgers also was demonstrative -- and there is no good way out of it, save for... either people stop eating and these places close, or they adjust, but... it's difficult to do so, and the restaurant industry has tight margins as it is.

We lose an hour of sleep today, and while I will enjoy the extra sunlight... I get as little sleep as it is, so... this is not the best scenario.  Alas.  Maybe we nap tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home