Friday, February 23, 2024

Back in the Blogging Saddle

 A two-day hiatus... can't have that!  Wednesday I went to bed early, for a bunch of reasons, namely this cold and the fact that I am just...tired.  Hell, I nodded off tonight for a bit.  Not good, as I wanted to do things!  I guess I have done things.  First, my MD's medical assistant (or, I hope it is her) made another series of mistakes on my prescription refill, so... I made an appointment with a new physician next month.  Oi.  I think we all know how I love change, but incompetence is worse, and... there we go.  

Thursday I had a work meeting and it seemed that all four of us had slightly different ideas as to what we should be doing... odd.  Anyways, we had Pub Quiz at Rustic Grill... we had to sit at the bar, as they lost our reservation (I had gotten a text confirming it, deleted it because, of course, why would I, right) so we had to sit at the bar.  The comment made by one of my teammates that they want to have a Pub Quiz but can't handle it seemed apt, as -- on pasta night -- it took us an hour to get dinner.  Alas.  On the other hand, we won... there was a 19-way tie for third with zero, as everyone blew the Final J! question... save for us and one other team.  Yay!  It did mark a nice end to the day, I guess... 

Today I committed the slightly cardinal sin of being late to Stations -- forgot I couldn't turn on to Broadway from Warner, had to make a Uie -- but I stayed for Mass, which I guess made up for it.  Fr. E seemed to do a world record to get it done before Polish Stations, and while it was a bit quick... it was nice.  Had dinner at St. Monica's, and it was... good?  Bit pricey, but they didn't fuck up the salmon (always good) and they serve on real plates with real silverware... I think they are the only parish I think of that offers that, which is... pretty cool.  I didn't see anyone I knew there, which is mostly good, but a bit odd.

The Patton bio is done and I stacked the deck for progress by moving some 300-page books to the forefront of the pile -- I am on six books for the year now, but some reading (never mind the pile of Games magazines) and a few of them crossed off will get my list going down and my own sense... feeling better.

KSU-Akron was tonight and... well, normally this is a big mid-major game, but tonight... not really on big TV.  Alas.  KSU is having a down year, and a game that might have moved the needed for them... well, not so much this year.  Akron seems to be good and balanced this year; one just hopes nothing bad happens to them in the MAC Tourney... that season is soon to be upon us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home