Saturday, February 17, 2024

Awake

 I should be in bed -- I feel the cold I have getting worse (feeling cold, sneezing a bit, that sort of thing) but I nodded off a bit before, and now... the sleep schedule is messed up.   Alas.  Plus it was a long day; I woke up early for OC duty and...  we had 75 clients.  Oi.  Between the snow yesterday (which covered the roads) and the blizzards -- yes, blizzards! -- this morning, most people just didn't show.  Yes, we had two periods of immense snow... very sad, because we had plenty of volunteers and stuff to give out -- produce, meat, etc.  This was a problem as there were leftovers, even when giving people more.  Alas.  Freezers will be tight next week, but... not much we could do.  If the Hot Meal people want to take some of this... 

Anyways, while we were not that busy, there was still much to do -- shoveling clear, moving stock, etc., -- and I was a bit cold and tired, so... anyways, I came home, where I baked some brownies for a church fest tomorrow, and then settled in to watch some college hoops -- Duke played at FSU, where McCain literally nailed the game for them.  I may have to reconsider my feelings about men with painted nails... I then -- after surviving that game -- was channel surfing and found YSU-CSU, which was also... a close game!  CSU won, good, and... it was impressive, seeing these teams literally clawing each other to boost their position in the HL race, but... at the end of the day, it is sort of superfluous, as one bad day at the conference tourney...and your season is over.  On the other hand, this is what makes mid-major hoops -- in many ways -- more compelling than a power conference matchup.

The pile of stuff on the kitchen table is... impressive, and not in a good way.  I have plenty to do tomorrow, but one of the things I should seriously consider is moving this crap to where it belongs, or, better yet, completely away.  I have been using it as an office -- warmer than the bedroom, the bathroom stuff is here -- but it is sloppy.  I also have some more OC paperwork to handle, so it could be an omnibus day of productivity, should I actually pull it off, and that is always doubtful around here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home