Sunday, February 11, 2024

Not-So-Super

 Lots of stuff to discuss, I guess... Super Bowl was today, and I watched.  I will not be doing that again.  The commercials were meh, and while the game was exciting -- in so far as any close game was --it wasn't that exciting.  Actually, the commercials were dumb, let by the ones with the feet-washing and such.  Oi.

Today was Mass for my parents, and despite a few minor hiccups, it went fairly well...good homily, long hymn at Communion so I could make it to the choir loft (Mom would have proud), and post-Mass donuts as a pre-Lenten fest.  Not much Church gossip, as my sister was there, so instead we had family gossip!  Last night was a family poker party so there were always things to discuss.  Sadly, I was first out in both games; I did not get very good cards overall and when I got decent hands... well, others were better.   Alas.  It is gambling for a reason.  I made a sausage-eggplant casserole from the parish cookbook, and people seemed to like it; not everyone likes eggplant (I do) but the Italian sausage and the dicing up of the veggies hid it, I guess.  I also made a seven-layer jello...slaving over the hot oven, as we say.

Saturday was also OC duty (for a day that had an empty schedule, I had plenty to do).  We had very heavy and hard rain early -- the first hour or so was wet -- and it kept the count down (118).  A lot of people either didn't show (especially our walkers) or arrived late.  We did not have much produce to give away, which was fine, as we wanted an empty OC, and we did that... so that was good.  The day was fairly smooth, save for the weather; we were joking that we were ready for 150, and... well, these things do happen, I guess.

I am vastly bemused by the brouhaha over the report on Joe Biden.  Can't anyone see this?  I mean, it's obvious to everyone, and the man has never been a brainiac to begin with, if you get my drift.  To say nothing of his gaffes.  Again, if I were a GOPer who really cared about winning, I would go after this; hell, even Donald Trump doing two hour town halls or so would be ideal.  I don't expect Joe to step down which in theory should make the job easier, but...  for all of the people who are worried about the stakes, this is as much as anything why they should be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home