Sunday, January 21, 2024

La Tristesse

Certainly not the happiest of 24 hours in my life; Duke lost last night -- all those late turnovers, all that poor shot selection -- and then of course, Ron DeSantis suspended his campaign.  I suspect it all but opens the door for Trump, and while I am not exactly enthused by that, given the choice...well, that, at least, is a no-brainer.  Finally, Stanford's Tara VanDerveer passed Coach K (I used "eclipsed" before, as if anyone could do that to Coach K) on the all-time basketball win list.  That is technically the least depressing of the 3, as she is a fine coach and deserves the honor.  I give ESPN credit; they split-screen that game with the 35-point LSU beatdown and gave her a whole 90 seconds after the game for an interview.  Now, maybe she didn't want more, but, as a feminist...I felt the whole thing was rather shoddy.

Recycling is easier than ever. Why aren’t more of us doing it? Leslie Kouba - cleveland.com
I got a kick out of this, because... well, the problem isn't that people like me aren't recycling, it is that the people on her side are not.  Indeed, it took me 35 seconds of Google-searching to find this:
See how your community rates for recycling in Cuyahoga County - cleveland.com
Quite frankly, isn't this environmental reverse-racism?  It is certainly hypocrisy, given the large number of Democrats who bemoan the lack of activity of people to combat climate change.  I am tempted to write her -- her usual drivel is beyond commentary -- and point out these inconvenient truths.  Hell, I think it is incredibly belittling of her to say that the poor can't do the basics to confront the overwhelming problem of our time.

I went to the OC today -- we had a small crowd this weekend, and last -- and there is quite a bit of stuff there.  I am not exactly sure why a full produce order was put in (doesn't anyone look at the weather report?) and quite a bit of the stuff (I hope!) was a produce rescue, as many things people just will not eat, like eggplant and grapefruit.  I was also vastly amused by the fact that the parish plow guy left us just enough space to open our doors and operate; another two inches of snow and we might have had to shovel out (not that I have not done that before).  At least it should be melted by the next weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home