Friday, February 09, 2024

Back in the Saddle

 So, there has been a slight hiatus in blogging; namely, I got a suspicious email, so I took it to Geek Squad and had them run a full diagnostic on it.  Got it back today... they pronounced everything normal, and while I am skeptical -- and slightly nervous of having all of my deep, dark, and dirty secrets revealed -- their team seemed to think that emails are just... that.  We will see, of course.  In the meantime, all passwords have been changed and upgraded (substantially), stuff has been deleted or moved as a matter of course, and here we are, now, finally doing stuff that we enjoy (sort of).  As I like to say, no one could doubt my ability to imagine the worst... and then crow about it when I am proven right.

Making a jello for a family fest; I was busy with things -- work, changing passwords, minor stuff that came up -- so there was no time to make it today.  Actually, sort of frustrating today -- minor issues at work, no one was around to offer guidance (fine; Monday will be hectic), I had to go to the DMV to renew the OC truck registration (which was not too bad, just a wait), handle stuff at the food pantry (not a lot of produce or extras to give away, people may squawk), and the stress of the laptop issue... oi.  These things do happen, I guess.  But we all know how I prefer some simple, drama-free life.  Hell, even this morning at the gym, I couldn't lift (had to arms) because the BS Brigade was camping out in front of the stations.  I realize I have no friends, but while I do not mind social hour at the gym... not in someone's way.  Funny thing...you expect it from old people or women, but even the younger guys do it now.  Oi.

Finished Dominion this morning -- rather off the rails at the end -- and am now on book 6, a bio of Patton one of my PQ teammates gave me.   Just started, but it is long, which I need like a hole in my head.  We did play PQ Thursday -- first in a while -- at Voodoo Brewing in the PSRCH.  Not bad; all online (one team member submits answers on that medium which does speed things up, though it was hard for me to get used to) and the food was decent (lines are long and if you get there too late, you order during question time).  Not a lot of room -- I like a little space between teams.  We didn't win -- missed a couple bonuses and such that we didn't know about, which I detest as well.  I mean, it moved fast, good questions, and we will probably return, but... I am not opposed to spreading our wings elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home