Saturday, February 03, 2024

Bemusement

 Two days without posting?  Well...reasons.  Ok, I was doing other stuff and wanted to get to bed, I guess.  Also trying to read and do things like paperwork (my updated OC budget is a subject we will nor discuss at this time).  We will discuss -- though we should not -- the Duke/UNC game.  All those turnovers!  Oi!  It really cost them the game; no doubt NC is tough, but... this could be me, but Duke definitely needs more big men; big and tall, if you will; Flilipowski is good but I am sick and tired of seeing him get bounced around.  I know they prefer a certain type of player, but...

Funny; OC duty today, and everyone was like "we won't be that busy," and I was like, we will easily make 150, and the count was...156.  It was not a zoo, but steady busy all day...I mean, the weather was good, it was the first of the month, and, as I say...the shepherd knows his flock.  At least we purged most of the stuff (like produce) from the main room and the fridges and rotated some stock in the freezers, so mission accomplished.  The clothing room has been... well, dare I say we are running low on clothes?  Not that this is a bad thing, but... just surprising.  Anyways, if we can do this all month -- I prefer less chaos in front -- it will be a joy.

Magnificat vs. St. Joseph girls basketball: Is 7½ minutes of dribbling worth all this fuss? — Matt Goul (msn.com)
This story amuses the fuck out of me; snark aside lesbian love triangles aside... for one, these are private schools, so paying $15K a year and having your daughter dribble, stand around, or not play... I can see how people are pissed.  Two... I would imagine a bench player would also be upset, given that... well, how do get better or opportunities to do so without PT, and if we have a dribbling exhibition...  Anyways, the family and my friends are still chuckling over this one,

As I had nothing planned today, I went to a short films showing for Black History Month at the CPL in Tremont.  This, of course, violated my rule about Tremont -- never go -- as there was no parking and the place is... well, a bit sketch.  Actually, the library was pretty nice inside; recently redone, lots of books (one working bathroom, oi) and a fairly nice space... I was impressed.  The films... two were good.  One was about Archie Garner and how he resurrected Hough Bakeries.  The other was about the Jesse Owens oaks -- he was given four in 1936, one was planted at Rhodes high, and now they are grafting them on to other trees and planting them.  Quite cool!  The other was about the role of a local church in the Underground Railroad, but... mostly it was about the art and theater exhibitions at the place, and I would rather be drawn and quartered than sit through anything like that again.  Now I sort of have a taste for Hough Bakeries, but not enough to deal with East Side driving...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home