Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Follow-Ups in Rapidity

Bit earlier than my usual blog time... mainly due to my trying something new!  I had an SVDP Presidents' quarterly meeting today, and while it was fine, I have a boatload of follow-up questions and emails to send.  I also had some food pantry stuff to do -- looking to join some groups that offer free/reduced price products -- so my plan was to first fill out those applications, then blog, then write follow-ups... which then I can use with other food pantry business.  I also need to figure out what I am bringing to next week's potluck at work.  I should just flip the recipe book in the air and see where it lands!  

More seriously, one downside of these meetings -- in addition to all of the follow-ups -- is that I hear about all of the other things going on in the other Districts and I am like "Why can't we do these things in my district?"  Now, to be sure, some of the stuff I have suggested and no one was interested, some of the stuff is resource-driven (my ratio of poor to wealthier parishes is craptastic), and most of my parishes don't have the volunteers to do the basics.  All of these are fine, but we all know how I love to pee on taller hydrants, if you will.  Hell, I need to re-visit (officially) all of my parishes, as I only did one site inspection last year.  Alas!

Biden balances Catholicism with hot-button 2024 issues (msn.com)
I really don't see any balance here, and I don't know of any actual Catholics who do so, either.  Of course, for a reporter, it's not like they know the difference, so...

Democrats Would Rather Not Talk About Fani Willis - NOTUS (Allbritton Journalism Institute)
Business Partners Of Fani Willis’ Alleged Lover Bankrolled Her Campaign. She Gave Them Lucrative Contracts. | The Daily Caller
This could be, but... didn't anyone -- at any time -- think that this would come out?  The affairs, the sleazy underhanded dealings, etc.?  Much as Donald Trump probably didn't suspect that everyone would be looking into his real estate empire, didn't Fani Willis think that maybe she should not do this, or pawn it off to some other agency?  Especially given the stakes here, being more pure than Caesar's wife might have been a wiser course.  Now the knives are out and I am sure that something will crack...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home