Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Lenten Eve

 Here I am, slightly tired but unable to sleep.  I went to bed early-ish last night, and of course... I couldn't fall asleep there, either.  Much tossing and turning.  Very depressing.  

In the meantime, it is Ash Wednesday Eve, and it hardly feels like Lent is here; I mean, Christmas was not that long ago (I still have my decorations up), and after the minor penitential season of Advent... now time for the big one.  I tried to prepare for the season by going through the email inbox (about half emptied) and looking through a couple of bookmarks (the list of which never seems to shrink) and catching up on various paperworks and reimbursements.  Rah.  I still need to watch two episodes of "Masters of the Air," the movie I got from the library, and various podcasts I saved.  Not good.

I couldn't help but notice that inflation was higher than expected -- especially for the stuff that counts, like food and rent -- and credit card delinquencies are at an all-time high.  No one, of course, will be asking the President about this, as it is not like he can answer.  Nor will they pepper KJP with questions...  for all of the people who are worried about Trump, I always want to ask them why on earth they want four more years of this.  Democracy dies not in darkness, but in economic catastrophe and a Potemkin presidency.  No one seems to mention that inconvenient truth, do they?

Watching the Duke game was... not exactly fun.  Duke was the better team, but Wake Forest is playing for their Tournament lives now (if you will) and it was obvious that they were playing harder for a while.  As usual, Duke turnovers were a concern; for all the talk of them not committing any (statistically) it seems they commit them at the most inopportune times, and I suspect that the weak non-conference schedule is when they padded their stats...

I was just about to declare the great bathroom contractor search over when another person got back to me... I don't know much about the firm, but one of Team XI has used them for her home renovations, and I have seen her home before and after, so... in some ways that it is the best recommendation overall, right?  No harm in delaying this a bit more, I guess, and then we have to play some financial reindeer games, as this project will be more costly than I expected, and while my finances are fine... I would like to keep them that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home