Friday, February 16, 2024

Mehness

 Today was thoroughly...meh.  Work was not exactly fun -- meetings, projects of complexity, uncertainly, and, I guess, my own trepidation as to what to do (this is my fault).  I did have a metanoia, if you will, at the gym about this tonight, and may fire up the laptop tomorrow or Sunday and try a different tack.  But it did put a tenor on the whole day.  The contractor I was supposed to have over cancelled (a troubling sign).  I did have a good dinner at Holy Name (as expected) and had several pleasant conversations, so that was fine.  Stations was mostly fine as well -- first one of the year -- if a little sparse and they used a more standard version.  Oddly, my blood sugar was high after dinner, so I decided to do a gym double (I have J! stored, in theory).  I thought the roads were a bit snowy but mostly fine, but there were people who were literally going 30 MPH on the highway... and of course, not a cop anywhere to put a stop to this.  Oi.  At least I got some reading done on the Patton bio -- crossed the halfway point and got into WWII.  The email box is somewhat emptier, and I even went through a few bookmarks and such.  

Funny; this weekend there is supposedly very little to do, but I have potential stuff filling it in all weekend.  This is mostly fine, but there are some things I would like to do very much and if they are bounced or truncated, it will not be good.

Is it me, or was the Holtmann firing both overdue and too soon?  I guess I would let him finish the year, but maybe they think Diebler can be the guy?  Doubtful, given that the new AD is coming in and there seems to be plenty of cash to make a big move.  To be sure, if they go on and some run and, God forbid, win the Big Ten Tournament...well, that would be vastly amusing to me, as it would certainly force their hand.  

Uncancel Woodrow Wilson (msn.com)
Woodrow Wilson Can't Be Defended | National Review
I of course am on the side against Wilson, mainly because he was not that good of a President.  Certainly our foreign policy has been guided by his spirit (and there are plenty on my side opposed to that) but the fact of the matter is that on most other things he was horribly wrong, and all of the convincing in the world does nothing of sort.  Hell, it speaks to the greatness of Harding and Coolidge that they were the opposite of the man in so many ways!  No one, of course, seems to remember that.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home